The Red Hook Criterium is the world’s premier track bike crit featuring professional road racers, track specialists, bike messengers and urban cyclists competing over multiple laps around a fast technical circuit. Fixed gear track bicycles are mandatory, requiring riders to possess street-tuned handling skills and high levels of fitness.
CRITERIUM RACE DETAILS
- Separate Men’s and Women’s fields
- 24 laps (1.25 km per lap) / total distance of 30 km (Men)
- 18 laps (1.25 km per lap) / total distance of 22.5 km (Women)
- Timed qualifying format to set 85 rider starting grid
- Electronic timing and scoring
- Track bikes required
- Lapped riders eliminated
- Points awarded towards the Red Hook Criterium Championship
- Qualifying positions 86 – 150 line up for a 14-lap ‘Last Chance Race’ with the top-10 finishers advancing into the main event.
- Enter at Your Own Risk
- Spectators Agree to be Filmed and Photographed
- Trash Must be Deposited in Receptacles
- Stay Off the Racing Circuit
- Spectators Must Stay in Designated Areas
The Red Hook Criterium has grown steadily over the last 8 years. The success of this event is directly related to a fleet of volunteers who donate their time and sweat to help make everything run smoothly. We are expecting this event to be our most successful yet and we are graciously asking the community to once again help us out. Volunteer registration will open June 25th.